Journeys of Inspiration
The Singapore Wind Symphony and the Band of the KLM Royal Dutch Airlines jointly presents “Journeys of Inspiration”, led by Adrian Tan, Jan Schut and world-renowned Dutch composer and conductor Johan De Meij.
Featuring the KLM Dutch Royal
Airlines Band on its regional tour and celebrating KLM’s 80th
Anniversary in Singapore, the concert will
include many well-known works of Johan De Meij including ‘Gandalf’ from Symphony No. 1 “Lord of the
Rings” celebrating its 25th Anniversary this year, ‘La Quintessenza’ and one of his newest
works ‘Songs from the Catskills’
which takes its inspiration from the folk music of the Catskill Mountains in
upstate New York.
Highlighting the music of
Singaporean composers, the KLM Dutch Royal Airlines will perform Benjamin Yeo’s ‘Flight’, and the SWS will present the world premiere of Jinjun Lee’s ‘Dances in Flight’ conducted by Johan De Meij.
Join the SWS and the KLM Band on these musical journeys of inspiration and flights of imagination!
- This event is GENERAL ADMISSION only (i.e. Free Seating).
- Collection of actual tickets will be done at the venue from 1 hour before the show at 3pm.
- Ticket Prices - $20 (excluding $1 handling fee)
groups of 20 and above, group discount tickets are available at $15
(excluding $1 handling fee). Please call our hotline at 6100 2684 or
email us at email@example.com for group bookings.
- There will be an intermission of 30 minutes in the concert.
- Admission is subjected to tickets produced at the entrance.
- No admission for infant in arms and child aged below 6 years old.
- Child 6 years old and above must purchase ticket for admission.
- Latecomers will not be admitted until a suitable break in the performance.
- No Photography, Video recording and Audio recording is allowed for this event.
- For more ticketing-related info, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 6100 2684.
4:00 PM - 6:00 PM SGT
- School of the Arts Concert Hall
Standard (incl. handling fee) SOLD OUT $21.00
- Venue Address
- 1 Zubir Said Drive Singapore 227968 Singapore
Please take note that the carpark at SOTA is not open to the public. Alternative parking facilities are available at The Cathay, PoMo, SMU and Hotel Rendezvous.
Singapore Wind Symphony16 Followers